Monday, August 10, 2009

Snag Me A Spot

There’s a great big intimidating blogosphere out there and, as usual, I’m late to the ballgame. But, sometimes tardiness brings its own fuzzy glow. For too long, I’ve been hibernating in my own hermetically sealed cocoon. Now I’m ready to spread the word. I feel like a modern day Town Crier couched in cyberspace. All I need to do is upload a bell to my Windows Media Player and let it ring.

So here’s the deal. I feel it’s my duty to build a community. I’m not exactly handy so I figure the best way to make my contribution is to share my random musings. Mostly, my musings will revolve around literature, art, and God help me for using this filthy word – Culture. It’s capped because it’s not to be confused with its lower case cousin. That other culture, if pigeonholed, can be defined as the sum of shared rituals, experiences, kinship arrangements, blah, blah, blah. I’ll try to sneak in some nifty topics too, but mainly, I plan to flex my bookish muscles.

Stick around for more goodies.

1 comment:

  1. Forgive me for my ignorant verbiage questions, but ever since I read this first blog of yours I've been ruminating on the capped Culture concept. Is this in the same ballpark as my fave perfume "Couture" as in Juicy? You have fast become my vocabulary knight in shining armor!

    ReplyDelete